Monday, January 30, 2012

What to do when being attacked.

Acts 16: 22 The crowd joined in the attack against Paul and Silas, and the magistrates ordered them to be stripped and beaten with rods. 23 After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully. 24 When he received these orders, he put them in the inner cell and fastened their feet in the stocks.

 25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.

============

Country Western and Blues seem to be how I can describe various times in my life.  You know lyrics like “my dog died”, “my horse left” and “my woman burst into flames.” It seems like there are times when I am trying my hardest to live for CHRIST yet situations come up that feel like I am being beaten with rods. What should I do?
  • There are going to be times when it seems like everyone is against me.
  • There are going to be times when it seems like I should give up and stop trying.
  • There are going to be times when it seems like there is no way out.
Paul and Silas actually praised GOD during their beatings. Wow! You mean they were trying to live for GOD and got beat in public for trying to do what is right? YES! They were publicly humiliated and physically beat for preaching about JESUS.
  • GOD does not want me to be harmed but knows I will face opposition.
  • GOD does not want me to feel like giving up especially when the going gets tough.
  • GOD does not want me to turn away from HIM even when I’m boxed in with no way out.
Praising GOD is amazing! I mean when all circumstances look bleak praise HIM. When everyone around you is losing their heads and blaming it on you, praise HIM. When the road seems to be invisible and speed bumps keep getting larger, praise HIM.

Paul and Silas had a miracle happen when they praise GOD in the midst of their troubles. I have seen the same happen to me.
  • Are you at the end of your rope?
  • Do you feel many if not all people are against you?
  • Do you believe in GOD’s strange tactics?
  • Have you tried praising GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment