Monday, April 16, 2012

Wrong way signs

Romans 13: 12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

===========

Everyone was drinking and I held my ground “not” to do the same. It felt good for a while but after the seventeenth meeting under the same conditions I felt I should loosen up.  I mean everyone is doing it and I wanted a promotion. No, I didn’t dive into drinking but I jumped in on the drunken conversations.

With sober mind I listened to the flirtatious words and silly sophomoric jokes about body parts. “Hmm” I thought to myself. “Who would know?” as I joined in.

  • There is nothing I can hide from GOD.
  • Sometimes I treat GOD as a being who doesn’t see what I do.
  • Many times I ignore the fact that GOD wants me to maintain self-control and I go the “wrong way.”

Knowing what GOD wants was something I tried to avoid because then I could do what I wanted without consequence. It’s called “plausible denial.” BUT GOD wants so much more from me.  HE wants me to learn of HIS ways so I can act like HIM in the “night” just like I do in the “day.”

What I mean is can you imagine me talking about body parts and flirting in front of my wife, kids, parents or in church? Well I can’t. So why do it when no one who would actually care isn’t around?

  • GOD forgives me for lust but somehow a blessing is blocked here on Earth.
  • GOD throws my sin away from me as far as the east is from the west but somehow the consequence of my actions still linger.
  • GOD saved me eternally by dying for my sins but somehow my sins get in the way of HIS full use of me here on Earth.

Feeding my lusts, acting jealous, desiring more and more of stuff and less and less of GOD doesn’t take me away from GOD but somehow my usefulness diminishes.  Yes I will see heaven but that is no longer a goal to shoot for.  In order to be used fully of GOD, HE wants me to be open, honest and true to HIS ways. HE wants me to go the “right way.”

  • What lifestyle are you living?
  • Are you trying to do things your way instead of following GOD’s way?
  • What are you hiding?
  • Can you turn your life over to HIM little by little?

No comments:

Post a Comment