Monday, June 18, 2012

Am I excited to help?

2 Corinthians 9:For I know your eagerness to help, and I have been boasting about it to the Macedonians, telling them that since last year you in Achaia were ready to give; and your enthusiasm has stirred most of them to action.

============

“What are you guys doing” my supervisor inquired. We had lost track of the time and didn’t realize and hour and a half had passed. “Have you unloaded the truck yet” were the next words out of his mouth. Our laughter and smiles were replaced with reluctance and remorse.

“Just watch yourselves; you know you can be replaced.” While these were not the most motivating words, they rang true. He wanted someone who wanted to be there to work.


  • When I do things out of reluctance I don’t put my all to it.
  • When I perform tasks I don’t want to do, I half do them without caring about the outcome.
  • When I see a painful thing coming towards me, I calculate just how much pain I can tolerate and it usually isn’t much.

Being ambivalent or having animosity towards a task or situation leaves me in a state of low enthusiasm.  I find myself going through the motions rather than attacking it with power and excitement. Unfortunately I treat GOD this way. I mean when I’m not getting my way I find myself giving up on serving HIM or waiting on HIM.

  • GOD wants me to be excited about HIS gift of salvation so HE wants me to be eager to help.
  • GOD desires that I know HE already has a great outcome to the problem so HE wants me to be eager to help.
  • GOD wishes that I understand HIS unconditional love and HE loves when I am eager to help.

My eagerness to show mercy, love, generosity and kindness draw people to GOD in ways I don’t understand. When I see people who are going through trouble, yet they are eager to serve I get inspired. I don’t mean to be phony, I mean they know they have issues and refuse to let them get them down.

  • Are you eager to serve GOD?
  • Are you excited to face whatever comes your way today?
  • Are you enthusiastic about the outcome GOD has determined for you?
  • Will you show someone your excitement today?

No comments:

Post a Comment