Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A “leftover” attitude


Numbers 18: 32 Bring the best part of what you receive. Then you will not be guilty of holding anything back. You will not make the holy offerings of the people of Israel “unclean.” You will not die.’”

============

Wednesday had finally arrived! I got paid twice a month and it seemed like I would run out of money quicker than I wanted to. I could finally pick up the new suit I had put in layaway and I could buy some groceries. I could also pay rent but the car payment would have to wait until the following check.

On Sunday I had a couple of dollars to put in church. “There… I gave” I thought to myself. This was a sacrifice because I could have kept it to myself!

  • When I give GOD the leftovers I sometimes run out.
  • When I give GOD the leftovers I put HIM last.
  • When I give GOD the leftovers I treat HIM with an “HE won’t mind” or “HE should be thankful” attitude.


My giving in church crept into other areas of my life. When it was time to clear the closet I would look at the worn items. When it was time to move I would give away the things I didn’t want or use. I would keep the best and give away the worst. BUT GOD wants something different.

  • GOD wants me to give my best to HIM and others.
  • GOD wants me to plan my giving just like planning my new clothes, vacations and gadgets.
  • GOD wants me to not cringe when I get a large payment and have to give HIM my best.


I need to give without expectation that GOD will double or triple my gift here on Earth. GOD can do with my money and possessions as HE sees fit. HE wants me to not let things have a hold on me so giving helps this process. When I give my best GOD does the rest!

  • Are you clinging onto your little change?
  • Are you afraid to give your best?
  • Can you recognize a part of you that is not giving GOD your best?
  • Won’t you start out small and grow into excited giving?


No comments:

Post a Comment