Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Are all of GOD’s promises pleasant?


Deuteronomy 3: 23 At that time I made my appeal to the Lord. I said, 24 Lord and King, you have begun to show me how great you are. You have shown me how strong your hand is. You do great works and mighty acts. There isn’t any god in heaven or on earth that can do what you do. 25 Let me go across the Jordan River. Let me see the good land that is beyond it. I want to see that fine hill country and Lebanon.”

26 But the Lord was angry with me because of what you did. He wouldn’t listen to me. “That is enough!” the Lord said. “Do not speak to me anymore about this matter. 27 Go up to the highest slopes of Pisgah. Look west and north and south and east. Look at the land with your own eyes. But you are not going to go across that Jordan River.

============

Hearing the sounds of everyone outside added to my torture.  It was the perfect summer day and kids were playing in the sprinklers and I couldn’t go outside.  I was “on punishment” for something I had done. “Can I please go outside?” was my only negotiation tactic. “NO and don’t ask me again” was their final statement.

  • I have to accept that everything GOD says to me may not be pleasant.
  • I have to accept that everything GOD allows may not be fun.
  • I have to accept that everything GOD does may not always hide me from disappointment.

If GOD is supreme in my life, then HE has the right to say “NO” to me.  HE also has the right to not like what I’m doing and correct me. In fact, I really should be worried when there are no consequences for my actions because that means HE has left me stuck in my mess.

  • GOD gives mercy but also corrects me.
  • GOD gives grace but holds me accountable for my sins.
  • GOD gives love and in love HE disciplines me.

I honestly don’t think there is a “cause and affect” action to my sin.  Sometimes when I sin, GOD sees I need grace and HE reaches HIS arms out to show HIS love. BUT there are other times when HE sees I am really on the wrong path and HE brings a trial in my life to wake me up.

GOD’s supremacy means HE isn’t my servant nor is HE only a goody, goody grant giver. Make no mistake, GOD despises sin yet HE has pardoned me for mine.
  • Do you think GOD doesn’t see your hidden sin?
  • Are you using your words to put the attention on someone else rather than pointing out your own sins?
  • Has GOD said “NO” to you and you won’t take “NO” for an answer?
  • Won’t you let GOD be supreme in your life and accept HIS plan?


No comments:

Post a Comment