Monday, October 28, 2013

GOD is with you!

Deuteronomy 20: When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you.

============

Standing in front of a crowd of 300 I could see faces cringing at my every word.  Some showed contempt, others pity, still others expressed pure anger as I tried to explain everything was perfectly fine with paying additional fees for our services. I was only supposed to have thirty minutes on the agenda.

I was finally released off the stage three and a half hours later after the torches burned out and the pitchforks were broken. This was a major problem that I had no idea where to start at the time. It made me nervous!

  • There are situations that seem big that make me nervous.
  • There are times where my abilities don’t seem adequate and I feel nervous.
  • There are problems that surface where I don’t have the answer and I feel nervous.


How am “I” going to battle this” is usually my first inclination when I see some huge issue. I then attempt to fix all the problems of the world and wind up exhausted, then I get scared which brings on worry. What can help me when I face something much bigger than my abilities?

  • GOD said to me “do not be afraid for I am with you.”
  • GOD said to me “I will never leave you or forsake you.”
  • GOD said to me “It’s not your strength you should depend on but MINE.”


Whenever I get nervous and shaken it’s usually because I am working on a plan that isn’t GOD’s. Either I came up with the plan or someone else and my SPIRIT gets troubled when GOD hasn’t blessed moving forward.  I become fainthearted and act nervous. BUT GOD wants me to focus on HIS strength rather than mine.

GOD wants me to listen to HIM knowing HIS might is greater than any opposition I can face. HE gives me the strength to go forward and fight because it is actually HIM who is fighting the battle!

  • Are you feeling afraid?
  • Do you feel too small for the battle?
  • Are you depending on what you see rather than believing on the unseen?
  • Won’t you trust GOD and HIS might?
  • Can you allow GOD to work HIS great plan for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment