Thursday, October 3, 2013

Never too late to return

Deuteronomy 4: 30 All of the things I’ve told you about might happen to you. And you will be in trouble. But later you will return to the Lord your God. You will obey him. 31 The Lord your God is tender and loving. He won’t leave you or destroy you. He won’t forget the covenant he made with your people long ago. He took an oath when he made it.

============

Staring at the phone drove me crazy! In college I had “friends” who called me constantly wanting to know the “fun” I had in store for them but, alas, I was no longer in college. I didn’t know anyone in this particular town and the apartment I moved into, while extremely close to work, was a semi-retired home full of old ladies.

Boredom quickly set in. “I have got to find a club or something to do” I said to myself. One of the old ladies in the building asked me “which church do you go to?” “Church?” “What’s church?” I said in my mind.  It had been a long time and I hadn’t considered actually worshipping GOD, not until I had chest pains and a broken down car and other problems.

  • There are times that I forget GOD.
  • There are times where I ignore HIS voice.
  • There are times when I leave GOD’s ways to do what I want.


GOD knows what’s best for me so and HE knows I will not make the right decision.  HE takes me out of situations that will harm me and places me right where HE wants me. HE knows the right circumstances to place in front of me to guide me back to HIM.

  • GOD is willing to accept me no matter how long I’ve been away from HIM.
  • GOD is willing to love me no matter what I’ve done.
  • GOD is willing to protect me no matter how low I’ve sank.


GOD wanted a relationship with me so HE died for me. Someone had to die for the sins I commit so HE volunteered. HIS only criteria is my belief, not just in HIS existence but in HIS position. HE wants me to believe I deserve to go to Hell based on my birth and that there is no “good” in me.

HE wants me to believe there is only one way to true worship and salvation and that way is through understanding JESUS volunteered to take away my sins. HIS resurrection placed HIM above all. GOD will never leave me or destroy me because of HIS tender love for me!

  • Do you doubt GOD?
  • Have you lost your way?
  • Can you let GOD guide you back to HIM?
  • Won’t you seek HIM again today?


No comments:

Post a Comment