Monday, October 7, 2013

Which commandment am I ignoring?


Deuteronomy 5: 32 So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you. Don’t turn away from his commands to the right or the left. 33 Live exactly as the Lord your God has commanded you to live. Then you will enjoy life in the land you will soon own. Things will go well with you there. You will live there for a long time.

============

“Where have you been” my parents inquired as I returned late from sneaking off. I thought of a lie, but it didn’t come out quite right. “I thought I told you.” They could see right through it. Another time I noticed what seemed to be more beggars than usual this day.  I planned my route carefully so I could avoid all of them. I mean they got on my nerves and besides I didn’t have enough money for them all.

  • Sometimes I think I’m doing well with GOD by keeping “most” of HIS commandments.
  • Sometimes I compare myself to “those” people who are sinning and say “at least I’m not like them.”
  • Sometimes I downplay my “little” sins because I’m not doing “big” sins.


JESUS said sin is like yeast, it only takes a little to ruin the entire loaf. HE also said “Love one another” which is sometimes very difficult to do. There are many other things HE said that I choose to ignore.

  • JESUS said “go” and make disciples, teaching them about MY love.
  • JESUS said “have faith and do not be afraid.”
  • JESUS said “listen to MY voice.”


I ignore HIS voice when I fear, worry and doubt HIM.  I forget to love others when I am wrapped up in me. I stay where I am when I am mad at GOD for not doing my bidding. GOD wants me to prepare others for HIS kingdom. HE wants me to listen to HIM and truly follow HIS ways.

  • Are you ignoring GOD?
  • Do you have worry, doubt, or blame in your heart?
  • Can you let go of some of these feelings and follow GOD’s commands to “love one another?”
  • Won’t you stop looking at a few scripture and ask GOD for help in following HIS ways?


No comments:

Post a Comment