Wednesday, April 2, 2014

GOD knows that too


2 Samuel 12:Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more. 

Why did you despise the word of the Lord by doing what is evil in his eyes? You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own. You killed him with the sword of the Ammonites.

============

“Look what I found” a friend exclaimed to me. It was a check book and a license.  We were in the student union and lost and found was right around the corner.  We quickly passed the office not even thinking about it.  We jumped in my raggedy car and gleefully bought a ton of groceries!

We had found someone’s identity and stolen it. On the way home my car made a funny noise then a very loud noise. We were stuck. I had to walk to find a phone to call a tow truck. The expense of the tow and repair was almost exactly half of the stolen grocery bill.

  • When the words “No one will ever know” pops in my head I’m already in trouble.
  • When I say to myself “It’s just this time” I’m already in trouble.
  • When I am convinced that no one saw “that” I’m already in trouble.


The problem with hidden sin is thinking it’s hidden.  I guess that’s why I take the time to openly write about sin just to get the sting of admittance out the way!

  • GOD says to me “No sin will be hidden.”
  • GOD says to me “Everything you did will be made known to everyone.”
  • GOD says to me “I know your heart and everything about you.”


I know GOD is slow to anger and is extremely patient, but there have been times in my life where I felt HE had enough of me ignoring HIM and HIS ways. When I ignore GOD it’s like I’s saying HE doesn’t mind or doesn’t even exist. Sometimes it’s almost like I’m saying, “I dare you to zap me.” Well, maybe not that extreme, but my action speaks volumes in my relationship with HIM.

GOD wants me to be mature enough to openly admit when I have sinned. It doesn’t make the sin go away, but it repairs my relationship with HIM who makes my sin go away!

  • Are you hiding something?
  • Do you think you will make it to the grave with “that” secret?
  • Can you confess your sins so GOD will be faithful and just to forgive your sins and cleanse you of ALL unrighteousness? 


No comments:

Post a Comment