Friday, September 12, 2014

Rage Controlled

2 Chronicles 11:But this word of the Lord came to Shemaiah the man of God: “Say to Rehoboam son of Solomon king of Judah and to all Israel in Judah and Benjamin, ‘This is what the Lord says: Do not go up to fight against your fellow Israelites. Go home, every one of you, for this is my doing.’” So they obeyed the words of the Lord and turned back from marching against Jeroboam.

============

Tired of this guys’ annoying ways, I stormed into my boss’s office and demanded justice! I mean this guy was loud and obnoxious and something had to be done. He handled the situation smoothly but I noticed I was getting passed over for promotions. I asked what was going on and he suggested I attend a leadership class.

“What would another class do?” I thought to myself. I mean I already know more than all of my peers in the department! I went and one of the first questions they asked was “Do you have rage?” As if I were in a twelve step program, I had to admit “yes.”

  • Rage is a buildup of tiny bits of anger inside of me.
  • Rage is a stack of bad memories that causes me to react negatively.
  • Rage is a backlog of unmet desires coupled with disappointing results that causes me to be furious.


Rage is a wild animal inside of me that wants to tear the place down and stand on the burning rubble. The problem with rage is that it is very short sighted and blinding.

  • GOD wants me to seek HIS face first each day in order to turn my rage into positive momentum.
  • GOD desires that I give my rage to HIM and let HIM deal with the entire situation.
  • GOD wants me to recognize what is causing me to have rage in the first place and allow HIM to replace it with grace and peace.


GOD doesn’t desire that I have rage pointed in the wrong direction. Rage at my own sin versus rage at a misinterpretation of someone’s intentions is the path that enables me to mature. The more I can seek GOD’s face without fear, the more GOD grows me to control rage, take a deep breath and ask GOD for grace.

  • Do you have rage?
  • Are you furious?
  • Can you take a step back and ask GOD to help you identify why you are full of rage?
  • Can you let go of your rage for a moment and give GOD your disappointment?


No comments:

Post a Comment