Friday, September 19, 2014

Your Work Will Be Rewarded


2 Chronicles 7:But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

============

Shocked is state in which I found my aunt as the news of my uncle’s passing took everyone by surprise. Everyone’s mind began to race into “do stuff” mode and the plans began. I went to a conference and had planned to stay there until the end of the week until I heard that my mother and brother were going to arrive two days early.

I went to the conference to make business contacts and was tempted to stay. I woke up from the temptation, quickly changed my flight plans and handed over my assignments. I need to be with family.

As I looked at my watch I noticed the shuttle was a bit late but my anxiety level did not rise. I asked the driver “how many stops?” “Five” he said. My anxiety level didn’t climb that high but it was awake.

When I arrived at the airport that I used to travel through regularly, I got a bit turned around and could not find check in nor could I find the correct line for security. My anxiety level rose pretty high! The clock was ticking down as I raced to my gate. The agent handed me my seat assignment and I got on the plane and went to sleep.

I woke up and the woman headed to Belgium struck up a conversation. She pointed out a book she was reading about GOD. We got into a wonderful conversation. GOD gave me some great words to tell her about going there with a purpose. She was timid and nervous about sharing GOD, but something in her made her strike up a conversation.

She then told me that GOD is amazing and supplies all needs. I was in shock. We discussed how GOD puts the right person in the right place at the right time. We even prayed together about peace for all the grieving and for her family. She then told me that she was not supposed to be on that plane but her flight was canceled and she had to be on that flight or she would miss her Belgium connection.

  • This reminded me that GOD is involved in every detail.
  • This reminded me that GOD can speak even when I am not looking to hear HIM.
  • This reminded me that GOD is all powerful, all knowing and all COMFORTING.


I don’t have to try so hard to follow GOD. HE is right there if I just open my eyes and ears to HIM. This was a wonderful unexpected reward here on earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment