Friday, April 10, 2015

Keep Hoping

Psalm 31: 16 No king is saved by the size of his army;
    no warrior escapes by his great strength.
17 A horse is a vain hope for deliverance;
    despite all its great strength it cannot save.
18 But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him,
    on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
19 to deliver them from death
    and keep them alive in famine.
20 We wait in hope for the Lord;
    he is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice,
    for we trust in his holy name.
22 May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
    even as we put our hope in you.
  
============

Tears flew down my face as I ran away from the Christmas tree without the toy I hoped for. Fear struck my heart as I stared in the place where my now stolen bike used to be and my hopes of riding were gone. Disappointment ran through my body as yet another job sent a rejection letter to my apartment and my hopes of moving back to the city seemed impossible. Why hope?

  • When my hope is on what I want I get disappointed.
  • When I place my hope in getting more of what I want I get my hopes crushed.
  • When I place all my hope in what I think I get highly embarrassed when it does not come to pass.


Looking back, there were a lot of things I really, really wanted. I hoped and prayed and they did not come to pass. Then I sat and said once, “Why hope?” I mean I don’t get my way so why even have a hope. BUT GOD spoke to me peacefully.

  • GOD said to me “My ways are not your ways.”
  • GOD said to me “I have a wonderful, delightful plan for you that is much better than you can ever imagine”
  • GOD said to me “Stand still and watch MY deliverance.”


Each time I try to use my might, wit or connections I find myself wanting, hoping, desiring until it hurts. BUT GOD wants me to focus on HIM in order to have peace. HE wants me to place my hope in HIM and let HIM decide my path. My hope needs to be place in HIS plan so my peace can be made whole. GOD wants me to keep trusting HIM.

  • Are you uneasy?
  • Do you feel a bit shaken?
  • Can you place a small portion of your trust in GOD?
  • Will you take a step towards HIM today by praising HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment