Friday, October 2, 2015

Seeking Wisdom


Proverbs 1: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
    but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

============

“How do I” was a question I asked often. It worked when the person was for me, but then they were against me, I received information with half-truth or flat out wrong information. Then someone I did not like asked me a question. Hmmm, should I give them a half-truth or should I give them wrong information to throw them on the wrong path?

  • Sometimes I am faced with the same things that annoy me.
  • Sometimes I am tempted to act like “everyone” else.
  • Sometimes I desire to be like the crowd no matter how wrong they may be.


Fitting into a group feels great for a moment but sometimes the consequences to my character are devastating. When I seek advice from someone who’s reputation is unsavory, I get their truth which could be harmful. I begin to act like them and soon I forget about being on a good path. BUT GOD wants me to act different.

  • GOD wants me to be in the crowd without thinking like the crowd.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS wisdom and not be affected by those who do not follow HIS ways.
  • GOD wants me to be confident and acknowledge HIM instead of following the crowd and hiding HIM.


GOD wants me to fear hiding my relationship over the glamour of fame and glory. HE wants me to seek HIS wisdom, not mans. HE will provide HIS strength, protection and love when I ask. HIS instruction is best to follow because it baffles those who claim to be smart. I chose to fear the LORD so I can gain knowledge.

  • Are you seeking the advice of those who are not following GOD in order to get ahead?
  • Do you think you are not affected by acting like them even a short period of time?
  • Will you stop believing in lies and start seeking GOD?



No comments:

Post a Comment