Thursday, January 21, 2016

Sit and Wait

Isaiah 18:This is what the Lord says to me:
    “I will remain quiet and will look on from my dwelling place,
like shimmering heat in the sunshine,
    like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.”

============

“Heal my eyes since you are GOD” was my tempt of HIS power. I had just come from a conference and was very young in my quest for knowledge of GOD. I went to bed as prescribed and woke up to the normal blurry vision I always had. They said “Ask for anything and I will receive it” why didn’t YOU do what I said. Silence was GOD’s reply.

Years later, while using an electric saw, a large object popped up and hit my glasses. I was not wearing safety goggles because it was only a quick cut. Thank GOD for needing glasses!

  • Sometimes GOD is silent to me.
  • Sometimes GOD remains quiet when I request something.
  • Sometimes GOD says nothing when I ask HIM for stuff.


Since I do not know GOD’s thoughts, I sometimes ask for stuff that may throw the entire plan off. When I pout about not hearing from HIM, it just shows how little I trust in HIS glorious plan. Even when I make something an emergency in my mind, HE sometimes sits and shows me that it wasn’t as urgent as I made it.

  • GOD wants me to trust HIM for the long haul, not just in short bursts.
  • GOD wants me to praise HIM in the middle of the storm, not after.
  • GOD wants me to trust that HE has a purpose for HIS silence and HE will deliver me when and how HE chooses.


GOD’s silence is good, but sometimes difficult to swallow. HE grows my faith in HIM and helps me focus only on today.

  • Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?
  • Is your faith waning because you have not heard from GOD?
  • Will you allow GOD to perform HIS miracles in HIS time?
  • Will you take GOD’s silence as an opportunity to grow your trust instead of growing your blame?


No comments:

Post a Comment