Isaiah 36: 13 Then the commander stood and called out in Hebrew, “Hear the words of the great king, the king of Assyria! 14 This is what the king says: Do not let Hezekiah deceive you. He cannot deliver you! 15 Do not let Hezekiah persuade you to trust in the Lord when he says, ‘The Lord will surely deliver us; this city will not be given into the hand of the king of Assyria.’
16 “Do not listen to Hezekiah. This is what the king of Assyria says: Make peace with me and come out to me. Then each of you will eat fruit from your own vine and fig tree and drink water from your own cistern, 17 until I come and take you to a land like your own—a land of grain and new wine, a land of bread and vineyards.
“I’d like to promote you” were the words of one who felt he was on his way up. Two months later he was fired. “If you would just work a little harder then…” were the promises of another manager. I worked harder and she was promoted and I stayed where I was. “I like your style, I want to promote you” were the words of the next boss. Wait, I think I heard these words before.
- Sometimes I had desires that were not in the best direction.
- Sometimes I had desires that were expressed but not understood.
- Sometimes I had desires that were surprisingly miscalculated.
After I heard the empty words from another manager, I thought I would take my career in my own hands. I climbed the ladder only to find dead grass rather than green grass. The fame and fortune was there but something was missing, GOD.
- GOD says to me “Do not be ashamed of me or I will be ashamed of you.”
- GOD says to me “Trust in the LORD with all your heart.”
- GOD says to me “Do not believe in flattering words, believe in the LORD your GOD.”
Companies threaten to take money away or they flatter with giving more money. I bought into the latter and found myself with less time for GOD and more time for work. BUT GOD was gracious. HE was glorious enough to allow me this away time from HIM. HE welcomed me back with open arms and guided me to HIS safety.
- Are you being threatened?
- Does the situation seem hopeless?
- Are you tempted to give up on GOD?
- Can you return back to HIM and believe in HIS deliverance?