Ezekiel 17: 22 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will take a shoot from the very top of a cedar and plant it; I will break off a tender sprig from its topmost shoots and plant it on a high and lofty mountain. 23 On the mountain heights of Israel I will plant it; it will produce branches and bear fruit and become a splendid cedar. Birds of every kind will nest in it; they will find shelter in the shade of its branches. 24 All the trees of the forest will know that I the Lord bring down the tall tree and make the low tree grow tall. I dry up the green tree and make the dry tree flourish.
“‘I the Lord have spoken, and I will do it.’”
Looking back I can see that it was GOD who raised me up to places I would never have dreamt. I wasn’t super poor but I do remember eating a stale bread mustard sandwich because we had run out of groceries. “I want to help people” was my fleeting thought back then. Years later as I flew with the top executives on the corporate jet I forgot about the “mustard sandwich” people because I was under tremendous pressure to produce for the company.
- When GOD raises me up, it is for HIS purpose not mine.
- When GOD raises me up, it is to tell people about HIM not pander to those who could care less about HIM.
- When GOD raises me up, it is to help those who need help rather than filling the pockets of the greedy.
Tall trees are cut down and never remembered BUT GOD can take an unassuming shoot like myself and raise it up to places unimagined. HE wants people to see HIM so HE raises up people who are willing to proclaim HIS name. Caution should be take not to forget HIM in the process. GOD wants me to remember HIM daily and to live my life with purpose.
Stripping me of my admiration of money, GOD sends me to places where HE leads me. HE gives me the words to say and the people to hear them. One person is enough, but for some reason HE provides me with plenty to pray for and watch over. GOD raises me up to do HIS will. By the way, JESUS is the tree in the story!
- Are you climbing the ladder of success?
- Why do you want to be on top?
- Can you take GOD with you and tell HIS message to your huge audience?
- Will you hide GOD or shout HIM when HE raises you up?
- Can you stop looking at money and practice speaking about GOD today?