Thursday, July 14, 2016

Negative or Positive

Ezekiel 13: 22 Because you disheartened the righteous with your lies, when I had brought them no grief, and because you encouraged the wicked not to turn from their evil ways and so save their lives, 23 therefore you will no longer see false visions or practice divination. I will save my people from your hands. And then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

============

It was a small still voice that told me to encourage this particular person so I did. That person desperately needed to hear the words of encouragement. The next day there was a preacher who said some words in a way that I did not agree. “I wonder if I need to tell that person what they did wrong?” was the first thought that came to mind.

  • Sometimes I want to discourage the righteous people with “my” opinion.
  • Sometimes I want to dishearten the righteous people with “my” thinking.
  • Sometimes I want to disagree with the righteous people because I want “my” voice heard.


When I want the spotlight so badly I may try to argue “my” point or fight to be heard rather than being led by GOD. This quarrelsome behavior causes discouragement rather than building people up for the LORD, meanwhile I have not gone to the people who “do” need to hear encouragement to change their ways. GOD wants me to make a choice.

  • GOD wants me to choose my words carefully and not twist HIS words into mine.
  • GOD wants me to stay away from discouraging words by seeking the best for people.
  • GOD wants me to encourage people to change their ways and focus on GOD rather than looking at me.


Negativity is all around, from television to work to neighbors, it is hard pressed to hear an encouraging word. BUT GOD says “encourage people to follow ME.” GOD is truly amazing, I feel encouraged by HIS word.

  • Are you speaking negativity?
  • Do your words tear people down or build people up?
  • Can you stop using your poisonous negative words and build “that” person up?
  • Will you go out and encourage a person to follow GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment