Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Saved by Silver

Ezekiel 7: 19 “‘They will throw their silver into the streets,
    and their gold will be treated as a thing unclean.
Their silver and gold
    will not be able to deliver them
    in the day of the Lord’s wrath.
It will not satisfy their hunger
    or fill their stomachs,
    for it has caused them to stumble into sin.

============

Broke was the word that best described my situation. It seemed like there were more bills than money. Weekly I would get yet another call from a creditor and it seemed like I was moving backwards instead of forwards. “If I just had a little more money I could relax” I thought to myself.

  • There have been times when I really wanted more money.
  • There have been times when I craved more cash.
  • There have been times when I wanted more stuff but could not afford it.


During this “broke” time I groused and my smile was seldom seen. I mean my life was a shamble right? Wrong! My dependence on cash made my life like a thermometer, hot when I had it, cold when it was gone. What was I supposed to do?

  • GOD says to me “The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.”
  • GOD says to me “Put your trust in ME and all will go well with you.”
  • GOD says to me “Trust in the LORD with all your ways and all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding.”


When I calmed down I realized I had never missed a meal and I was living in a semi-paid for apartment. My job was difficult but I was getting a steady paycheck. I truly had a lot to praise GOD about. “You mean I can depend on GOD for my worries?” I thought to myself. This brought a genuine smile to my face. I felt heaviness fall from my shoulders. GOD wants me to smile in the middle of the storm without depending on cash or my wits. HE does care.

  • Have you placed too much emphasis on money?
  • Do you spend an excessive amount of time worrying about money?
  • Will you stop placing so much value on money and start valuing GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment