Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Compassion in Anger


Ezekiel 6: Your people will fall slain among you, and you will know that I am the Lord.

“‘But I will spare some, for some of you will escape the sword when you are scattered among the lands and nations.’”

============

GOD spared a remnant when HE was highly upset at HIS people. I mean at one point HE wanted to wipe HIS humans off the face of the earth. Their claims that HE does not exist or that HIS efforts are futile angered HIM but not so much. It was the things they built with their own hands and worshipped that fueled the most anger in GOD. Not only had GOD been pushed out the picture, HIS people made idols to replace HIM.

  • GOD wants me to be creative, yet give HIM the credit for my talents.
  • GOD wants me to be innovative, yet praise HIM for my imagination.
  • GOD wants me to be inspirational as long as I am inspiring others to follow HIM.


In the middle of GOD’s anger HE decided to show some compassion. HE allowed a few people to escape HIS wrath. HE expected them to tell the story of the difficult times so people would turn their blinded eyes back to HIM. I have no idea how HE chooses who would escape, but I am glad HE does. GOD chose me to escape HIS wrath and I have been grateful since!

  • Are you building something that you worship?
  • Do you fight to get heard and recognized?
  • Will you step out of the limelight and allow GOD to be center-stage?
  • Will you tell people about HIS story?

No comments:

Post a Comment