Ezekiel 14: 21 “For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: How much worse will it be when I send against Jerusalem my four dreadful judgments—sword and famine and wild beasts and plague—to kill its men and their animals! 22 Yet there will be some survivors—sons and daughters who will be brought out of it. They will come to you, and when you see their conduct and their actions, you will be consoled regarding the disaster I have brought on Jerusalem—every disaster I have brought on it. 23 You will be consoled when you see their conduct and their actions, for you will know that I have done nothing in it without cause, declares the Sovereign Lord.”
Raising children is no small task. I mean watching them from infantile frailty all the way to adulthood can be quite tenuous. Every cut, bruise or ailment cuts me to the bone. Sometimes I question GOD as to why they have to go through turmoil.
- Sometimes I wonder “Why the pain?”
- Sometimes I ponder “Why the turmoil?
- Sometimes I contemplate “Why the difficulty in life?”
Even before I had children, I dreaded the thought of bringing a life into the world as it existed. Killing, hatred and disease seemed like a dreadful place to want to have more people grow up. BUT GOD said something different.
- GOD said to me “Your children are MINE and I need them to do something that only they can do.”
- GOD said to me “I will enable them to survive and you will be consoled by their conduct.”
- GOD said to me “I hold all life in MY hand to those who believe in ME, no one can pluck them out of MY hand.”
GOD is the deliverer. Only HE can bring people out of difficulty. No doctor, lawyer, or financial institution can save one soul, BUT GOD can and is willing! HE throws my sins away and saves me from calamity and HE blesses my family with compassionate protection. I can only thank GOD for HIS continual fortification.
- Are your kids going through something>?
- Are you worried about someone else and feel helpless?
- Can you give your worries to the LORD by telling HIM how you feel?
- Will you ask GOD to help the part of you that does not believe?
- Will you praise GOD today in the middle of your thoughts?