Ezekiel 9: 9 He answered me, “The sin of the people of Israel and Judah is exceedingly great; the land is full of bloodshed and the city is full of injustice. They say, ‘The Lord has forsaken the land; the Lord does not see.’ 10 So I will not look on them with pity or spare them, but I will bring down on their own heads what they have done.”
Being a thief, peeping Tom, a liar and a greedy vengeful person was never something I wanted to admit to anyone. In fact these sins were things I was supposed to carry to my grave without anyone knowing just how rotten I was. I was supposed to put on my “church face” and shine my halo daily, meanwhile letting the decay inside grow larger and larger.
- When I try to hide my sin it only multiplies.
- When I try to bury my sin it only comes to the surface.
- When I try to pretend everything is well with my soul, weird spiritual dilemmas pop up.
GOD was furious with those who had reached a point where they admitted nothing and blamed everyone else around them. HIS chosen people left HIS protection and turned to asking wooden idols questions, knowing there would never be someone to say “Your action is wrong.” Sin was now available without restraint and now what used to be hidden was now blatant. GOD wants something different from me.
- GOD wants me to admit publicly that I have sinned.
- GOD wants me to tell people about HIS grace and mercy because I admitted my sins.
- GOD wants me to believe in HIS grace through HIS SON, knowing that ALL my sins have been forgiven.
I can never be good enough or stop sinning long enough to win GOD over. So what’s the point in being good? GOD loves it when I turn away from that sin or when I help others focus on HIM. HE provides me with opportunities to bear fruit on a daily basis, all I have to do is reach out and accept HIS calling to admit what I have done so others will do the same.
Admitting sin takes the spotlight off of me and places it on GOD. HE blesses me for pointing people to HIM.
- What are you hiding?
- Are you hiding a lot?
- Can you stop hiding and start admitting something small and work your way up to what you feel is large?
- Will you reach the point where you know that all sin is the same?
- Can you accept the gift that JESUS gave you by dying for your sins and taking on your consequences?