Ezekiel 12: 26 The word of the Lord came to me: 27 “Son of man, the Israelites are saying, ‘The vision he sees is for many years from now, and he prophesies about the distant future.’
28 “Therefore say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: None of my words will be delayed any longer; whatever I say will be fulfilled, declares the Sovereign Lord.’”
“Pack your bags and be in [insert some distant city] on Monday” were the words spoken to me is a hasty decision. It was Friday and in one moment my life changed by the decision of a company. There was no time to think, just move.
- Sometimes situations happen quickly.
- Sometimes life changes rapidly.
- Sometimes the unexpected pops up when I am not ready.
Complacency had me relax in my position. I thought I could be in one place forever. I usually put in a nice effort and was satisfied that I contributed value, but the change came unexpectedly. GOD does the same. Many situations, bad or good, happen rapidly. How can I be ready for them?
- GOD says to me “Take up your cross daily” meaning I need to pay attention to HIS salvation of me on a daily basis.
- GOD says to me “Pray without ceasing” meaning stay in continual communication with GOD because anything can happen quickly.
- GOD says to me “Put oil in your lamp” meaning be prepared for MY return at a moment’s notice.
Surprise is not in GOD’s vocabulary. HE knows what I am going to go through way before it happens, but I am blind to the timing and get surprised many times. Since I can’t go through life fearing the next moment, GOD wants me to seek peace by paying attention to HIM as often as I can. HE says “MY yoke is easy and MY burden is light.”
Instead of constantly thinking on disaster, I can think about GOD. Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. I can find peace knowing anything can happen.
- Are you worried?
- Are many thoughts flooding your mind?
- Can you relax for a moment and allow GOD to provide you with comfort?
- Will you let HIS timing happen while you sit back and relax?