Ezekiel 18: 20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.
30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!
Watching the consequence of sin play out, I said to myself “I will never do that!” I heard of neighbors who had been shot or jailed because of theft. I watched executives who were fired because of porn or sex in the office. Then one day I realized, someone may be watching me and saying the same.
- At one time I used to point out sin in others.
- At one time I used to see the wrong people did.
- At one time I used to say “Look at that person and the awful thing they did.”
Talking about other people is an easy way to get the spotlight off of me. I mean it’s easier to tell people what’s wrong with “that” person than to admit my own sin. BUT GOD knows better.
- GOD says to me “All have sinned and fall short of MY glory.”
- GOD says to me “Confess your sins and believe in your heart that JESUS died for your sins and you will be saved.”
- GOD says to me “Get a new heart and a new SPIRIT simply by turning to ME.”
I can no longer blame someone else for the sins they commit. I can’t even blame them if their sin affected me. All I can do is confess my sins to the LIVING GOD and praise HIM for my forgiveness. My sin is my sin and I need to stand on my own and ask GOD for HIS favor.
- Are you blaming someone for the situation you are in?
- Do you think it it their sin that caused you to be where you are?
- Can you let go of their sin and look at you own heart?
- Will you confess your sins to GOD and allow HIM to cleanse you of all unrighteousness?