Friday, March 17, 2017

Simply Be

Matthew 12: 15 Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill. 16 He warned them not to tell others about him. 17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:

18 “Here is my servant whom I have chosen,
    the one I love, in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
    and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
19 He will not quarrel or cry out;
    no one will hear his voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed he will not break,
    and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
till he has brought justice through to victory.
21     In his name the nations will put their hope.”

============

When yet another request came from the church I was reluctant to say yes this time because I was the trustee chair, deacon, accountant and teacher. My, get it done, attitude had caught up to me and now I was weary. “Does GOD want me to carry all this weight?” I asked.

  • Sometimes I try too hard to please GOD.
  • Sometimes I feel the more I do, the more GOD is pleased.
  • Sometimes I anticipate GOD’s love through my actions.


Facing burn out, I finally had to say “No!” Does GOD want us to work our fingers to the bone trying to be forgiven for our sins? NO! In fact GOD made it easy.

  • JESUS became the chosen servant for me whom the FATHER and HOLY SPIRIT delight.
  • JESUS proclaims justice to the nations through me whenever HE sends me to HIS people.
  • JESUS brings justice, victory and hope to all nations; this is where I place my trust.


What does GOD want from me? What does HE want me to do? How often should I do it? Should I sell everything and live in a desert, proclaiming HIS name? all of these questions raced through my mind. GOD says to me “Just Be.”

“Be the person I made you to be” is what GOD says to me. HE made me with a purpose and I am the only one who can reach “that” person with the message of grace from JESUS. Serving is nice, wearing myself out is not. GOD wants me to simply “be.”

  • Are you trying to make GOD do something by working harder?
  • Do you think GOD will love you more or less depending on how much you work?
  • Can you place your total trust in JESUS’ salvation so your works become a gift rather than an obligation?


No comments:

Post a Comment