Matthew 18: 10 “Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven. 11 For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.
12 “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? 13 And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
Looking around I could see no familiar faces. I panicked and began crying as I had no way to get myself “found.” People came over to me and led me to an office, but this provided no comfort. I was noticed, but not “found.”
- It is scary being lost.
- It is terrifying being in an unknown place where it seems to be no way out.
- It is horrifying to be lost with no means to be found.
Humanity can be the same way. Many situations can seem so overwhelming to me that I feel “lost” with no way out. BUT GOD has an answer for that.
- GOD sees me when I am in need and answers prayer before I even ask.
- GOD knows my every fear and guides me out of the darkness.
- GOD understands when I am lost and seeks me before I seek him.
I should never pretend that I am not lost when it comes to GOD. Admitting I have no idea how to be found is a start, but doesn’t do anything if no one is looking for me. GOD decided to search for me in my “lost” state. HE tapped on my heart to show me the way. It was up to me to follow HIM back to a place where it was safe. I rejoice over GOD’s search for me!
- Are you lost?
- Do you think you know your own way?
- Can you let go and allow GOD to lead you back to HIM?