Monday, July 17, 2017

Know the Power

Matthew 22: 23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

============

Rain poured down in sheets but I kept going. Visibility was low but I could still see. I hit a puddle and the car went into a skid on an expressway loaded with cars and trucks. When the car came to a stop I was blocking two of three lanes because I was sideways. I turned the car straight and kept going.

  • Some days I need the power of GOD.
  • Some days I face some serious trouble.
  • Some days I need something miraculous to happen.


Protection is only a tiny part of GOD’s amazing power. Unfortunately the Sadducees read the scripture and listened only to what they wanted to hear. They tried to trap JESUS instead of being amazed at HIS true power.

  • GOD wants me to know the scriptures.
  • GOD wants me to know the power.
  • GOD wants me to know the FATHER, the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT as the only source of power.


Doubt comes from lack of belief or knowledge of GOD’s amazing power. It leads to questioning GOD in weird ways, like the Sadducees. BUT GOD has the power to overcome my doubt. HE steps in when I am in need and shows HIS might. GOD is truly amazing!

  • Do you doubt GOD’s power?
  • Do you think GOD is a distant concept?
  • Can you stop looking at things from human eyes and search the scripture to learn of GOD’s amazing power?


No comments:

Post a Comment