Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Checking the Limit


Luke 4:Then he brought Him to Jerusalem, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here. 10 For it is written:
‘He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you,’

11 and,

‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”

12 And Jesus answered and said to him, “It has been said, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ 

13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.

============

“I can make it” I said to myself as I raced to catch a plane. I did not factor in spontaneous excessive traffic and I missed the plane. “I can make it” I said again as the low fuel light glowed for miles. I ran out of gas. “I can make it” I said yet again as I sprinted for the train. When I tripped up the stairs my case opened up and papers flew everywhere. I missed the train.

  • There were times when I cut it too close.
  • There were times when I did not get what I was chasing after because I missed the cut off.
  • There were times when I pushed the limit and wound up in worse shape.


JESUS was tempted to commit suicide by the devil. “Push the limit and have the angels save you IF YOU are GOD’s SON” slyly stated the devil. BUT JESUS knew HIS tricks.

  • JESUS says to me “Follow all of MY ways and you will be safe.”
  • JESUS says to me “True freedom comes from the truth and I AM the truth.”
  • JESUS says to me “You shall not tempt the LORD your GOD.”


Staying away from the boundaries has always been the problem with humanity, especially me. Adam and Eve could not stay away from the tree of knowledge, and I have fallen into known sins. BUT JESUS did not get fooled. HE kept every word of GOD in order to redeem me. HE guides me away from the boundaries of sin to the middle of HIS love.

  • Are you busy pushing GOD’s boundaries, trying to see what you can get away with?
  • Do you think that just because you can do something that goes against what GOD says, you will get away with it?
  • Will you stop pushing the limits of GOD and accept HIS love, grace and mercy for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment