Thursday, June 28, 2018

Mad Enough to Kill


Luke 4: 28 So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, 29 and rose up and thrust Him out of the city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might throw Him down over the cliff. 30 Then passing through the midst of them, He went His way.

============

“That’s the last straw” I said out loud. Tired of being pushed around, I went to the gym and started lifting weights. I was so mad at bullies who got their way that I spent hours in the gym sculpting my physique. One day I went to a bar with other muscular guys. One guy with us was very volatile and decided to pick a fight with others. “Wait a minute… this looks familiar” I thought to myself.

  • There were times when I was bullied.
  • There were times when I wanted to be the bully.
  • There were times when I was the bully.


Anger about JESUS claiming to be GOD rose quickly throughout the synagogue. The crowd was so filled with wrath that they wanted to throw JESUS off of a cliff, but HE managed to escape. Their anger rose quickly.

  • GOD wants me to keep my eyes open when I get angry.
  • GOD wants me to add grace and mercy to my anger so I can still hear HIM.
  • GOD wants me to grab hold of my wrath and give it to HIM instead of displaying it to others.


Anger, upset and disgust are the seeds to hatred. When I water them they get planted deeply in my heart and soon I am consumed with wrath. BUT GOD has a remedy. HE placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me so HE can guide me away from wrath, back to peace.

GOD wants me to examine my anger and if I cannot diffuse it, give it to HIM. HE desires that I not look at “that” person with disgust but add prayer and love towards them. HE gives me the ability to turn my bitterness into HIS sweet grace filled way.

  • Are you mad?
  • Do you get angry easily?
  • Are you ready to get back at someone?
  • Will you allow GOD to diffuse your anger and replace it with HIS love today?


No comments:

Post a Comment