Monday, June 25, 2018

No Coincidence


Luke 4: 16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,

To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”

============

 “How in the world am I going to get out of this mess?” I said to myself. This time when the car stopped working, it felt final. I was stuck on the side of the road, in the dark in a place that I suspected was not friendly. After a long time of sitting on my trunk, a couple stopped to give me a ride. I was nervous about them because they did not look or sound like me. “Do you know the LORD?’ was one of their questions. I was relieved.

  • I used to think things just happened by chance.
  • I used to think things happened randomly.
  • I used to think I could make things happen.


JESUS went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day and was handed the scroll written by the prophet Isaiah. The timing could not have been more perfect because the verses HE read was about HIM and they described HIS purpose undeniably. Was this a coincidence? No!

  • GOD says to me “MY encounters with you are no coincidence.”
  • GOD says to me “I knew you before I laid the foundations of the world.”
  • GOD says to me “I chose you because of MY SON.”


I may think there are coincidences, but there really are not. Even a dust speck flying in my eye distracting me for a moment is part of GOD’s incredible plan. HE knows my sin and HE knows when I serve HIM with a filled heart.

HE sends people to me to speak about HIM and sometimes HE sends me to people so I can be filled up by them. Dry seasons and seasons of plenty are not flukes but are carefully placed in my life to enable me to be a better ambassador for GOD.

  • Do you wish things happened differently in your life?
  • Do you think situations happen by chance?
  • Will you stop trying to control your life and believe that GOD’s plan for you is a solid well thought out plan?


No comments:

Post a Comment