Friday, June 1, 2018

Earned Favor


Luke 2: 51 Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

============

“Here… take my keys and lock up” were the surprisingly nice words from a very grumpy boss. I mean he never spoke to me and when he did, he barked at me. “Good job” were his next words. I almost fainted on the bowling balls.

  • There were times when I have earned favor.
  • There have been people who have granted me favor.
  • There were times when I received favor from people and had no idea why I received it.


As JESUS got older, HE became wiser, taller and, more importantly, grew in favor with HIS FATHER. But what does favor mean? Was JESUS laughing at crass jokes that were out of character for HIM? Was HE out to please people by compromising HIS beliefs? No!

  • JESUS says to me “Serve people while fearing ME.”
  • JESUS says to me “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.”
  • JESUS says to me “Fear GOD and keep HIS commandments.”


Fearing GOD means I don’t want to disappoint HIM. I know I have been saved and HE will not allow me to lose the salvation HE gave me as a gift. I still don’t want to disappoint GOD by being foolish or bending HIS rules to get my way.

GOD has done so much for me that I seek to serve HIM any chance I can. I desire to please GOD more than pleasing humans who, at the drop of a hat, change what pleases them. GOD has already given me full favor but strangely I do not want to take advantage and assume there are no consequences for my actions. I live to please GOD.

  • Are you stuck where you are?
  • Do you find yourself wanting but not getting?
  • Can you give your sins, your desires and your wants to GOD and let HIM do with them as HE pleases?


No comments:

Post a Comment