Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Fine Print



Luke 4:Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.”

And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ 

============

“Just hang with me and you will be alright” was the promise from one of the higher ups to me. At dinner, he drank until he could hardly speak and flirted with the wait staff.  As I walked him and others to his suite in the convention hotel and he suggested we do this again tomorrow only this time bring more people so we could really party.

  • There were times when I had to decide between career and virtues.
  • There were times when I had to decide between money and character.
  • There were times when I had to decide between the crowd and the lone trail.


As a human JESUS was relegated to decide between supernatural comforts of life versus an uncomfortable low quality human existence. Greed, power, fame and lust were now possibilities presented to JESUS BUT HE knew that the fine print of the contract would cause all humans to be lost.

  • JESUS wants me to decide to follow HIM versus the very tempting roads presented to me.
  • JESUS wants me to decide to follow HIM versus the blind road the world presents.
  • JESUS wants me to decide to follow HIM versus following the fears of money, the lusts for power, and the desires of constant pleasure.


Some of the temptations sound perfectly fine and logical. I mean who wouldn’t want riches and the ability to satisfy any lust one could imagine? GOD says to me “Control yourself and follow MY lead so you may be protected from the world.”

People may laugh at this choice because it doesn’t look “successful.” BUT GOD loves when I follow HIM and ignore the jeers from those who poke fun at my plain life. Being amazed at GOD daily is more important than people temporarily following me for my five minutes of fame.

  • Are you seeking fame and power?
  • Do you think you would be better off if you were extremely wealthy?
  • Can you stop trying to fix your problems with money and give all your issues to the LORD who knows just what to do with them?


No comments:

Post a Comment