Monday, June 11, 2018

Meeting Expectations



Luke 3: 15 Now as the people were in expectation, and all reasoned in their hearts about John, whether he was the Christ or not, 16 John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 17 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire.”

18 And with many other exhortations he preached to the people. 19 But Herod the tetrarch, being rebuked by him concerning Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife, and for all the evils which Herod had done, 20 also added this, above all, that he shut John up in prison.

============

Nervously I opened my mouth and told a person about my belief in CHRIST. I could not tell if he was joking or not about his thought on GOD’s existence but I was moved to say something at the lunchroom table.

When the words came out, I felt better and did not care as much whether I would be labeled as weird. This was my first time speaking about GOD to someone outside of my comfort zone.

  • There were times when I wanted to just blend into the crowd.
  • There were times when I wanted to simply be like everyone else.
  • There were times when I wanted to meet the crowd’s expectation of me and fit in like the rest.


The people set expectations on John by asking “Who is this guy?” Some said he was The CHRIST, others thought he was a prophet, but all had to listen to him as he spoke candidly about their sins, even royalty. GOD wants me to speak up as well.

  • JESUS says to me “I will baptize people with the HOLY SPIRIT and with fire.”
  • JESUS says to me “I will gather the wheat you plant in the souls of people I send to you or send you to.”
  • JESUS says to me “I will burn up the wasted efforts of those who do not turn to ME.”


Life is short. Everything I do and say will one day be accounted for and it is up to me to listen to the HOLY SPIRIT each day in order to make the best out of life. When I am not selfish and follow what GOD wants me to do, HE counts it as fruit and rewards me generously.

  • What are you spending your time on?
  • Are you squeezing GOD out of your life to the point that you cannot hear HIM?
  • Do you spend enormous amounts of time meeting human’s expectations?
  • Can you stop trying to please people and look to pleasing GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment