Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Remain "true to the faith" even when it's tough!

Acts 14:21They preached the good news in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch, 22strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said.

 
====================================

 
When I feel nervous, upset, or the pressure is on, the first thing I drop is GOD. I don't know why I do that. I guess my instincts are to take over. I desire to control my life so much that I push GOD aside to make things happen.

 
I can easily hang out with GOD when times are easy, but when times are tough I have the tendency to drop GOD like a hot rock.

 
Here is what happens. I set a date or an expectation because I am a planner. I pray "at" GOD about my date or expectation and blame it on faith. I say "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of thing not seen."

 
Then I wait impatiently. When that date or expectation isn't met, I get upset at GOD and ask "Why are you ignoring me?" Then I question GOD's sovereignty and I ask "Why do you let other people who don't worship you get away with all the stuff they get away with?"

 
Then I realize GOD is sovereign and knows what is "best" for me and HE has some wonderful plans for me.
  • GOD loves me especially when times are tough.
  • GOD loves me when I sin.
  • GOD loves me when I serve.
  • GOD loves me when I am nervous.
  • GOD loves me when I am confident.
  • GOD loves me so much that HE allowed HIS SON to die for me.

 

Satan tried to ruin the birth of JESUS by tempting the first humans. After their fall, all humans were doomed to Hell. GOD did a miraculous thing by allowing HIS volunteer SON to die in mankind's place. JESUS lived on this earth and faced every type of temptation, yet HE did not sin.

 

HE is now alive and is the only one who is WORTHY enough to judge all of creation. HE is building a place for you and I that is unimaginably wonderful.

 
Paul and Barnabas were excited about preaching this GREAT NEWS! They told many people and they believed, unfortunately the crowd was stirred up by the wealthy and powerful. They had Paul assassinated, but he got up from the stoning and kept on preaching.
  • I have a choice to follow GOD's ways when times are tough.
  • I have a choice to believe that GOD wants the best for me when I don't understand the plan.
  • I have a choice to pray and let GOD change me while HE changes the circumstance.
Paul says "remain true to the faith." This means that I can expect GOD to do marvelous things, but usually not the way I expect them to happen. I can expect difficult times in my life, and I can expect GOD to take care of me through these times. I can expect to have opposition when I lovingly and humbly preach CHRIST.

  
  • Are you losing your faith because of a prolonged problem?
  • Have you given up on GOD?
  • What other plan do you have?
  • Can you control the circumstances? Can GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment