Thursday, March 24, 2011

Horoscopes, science or GOD, which do I believe in?

1 John 4: 1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God

============

“Where is the newspaper” I asked. This question probably confused my parents since I had not demonstrated any interest in it before. I had just discovered “my sign” and I wanted to check the horoscopes to see if the prediction would come true. I should have had some suspicion with a name like “horoscope” which sounds like some microscope that looks at horror!

“Their prediction was absolutely right” I thought to myself. I think it said something like “you are warm and loving but beware of people who are not.” “How could they know?” my gullibility asked.
  • There are many conflicting stories that take GOD out of the picture.
  • Scientists try hard to prove GOD does not exist.
  • Psychics, palm readers and fortune tellers desire to make money at the expense of being contrary to GOD.
There are many stories of people being shunned for telling the truth about GOD. This has caused some to desire to be quiet about their faith and blend into the crowd. GOD wants me to be bold with my faith, telling all about HIS SON no matter what the worldly consequences are.
  • GOD gets excited when I speak about JESUS.
  • GOD loves when I tell people HE took my sentence of death by dying in my place.
  • GOD is thrilled when I ignore the attempts to explain HIS work through what a human feels or can see.
I went through a stage where I questioned GOD’s existence because of all the terrible things that were happening in my life. BUT GOD has been faithful to me throughout the years and I have been blessed to see HIS marvelous works in many lives. GOD wants me to remain focused on the truth and that truth is JESUS.
  • What do you believe in?
  • Do you believe in science more than GOD?
  • Are you seeking your future in fortune cookies, horoscopes or other general predictions?
  • Can you believe that GOD loved you so much that HE would do anything for you, even die for you?
  • Will you believe that JESUS is now alive and has been placed over everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment