Thursday, September 20, 2012

You are doing a great job!

1 Thessalonians 5: 12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other.

============

“When I become the boss I know just who I’m going to fire” I thought to myself, as I watched my peers and even some of the management team work. I loved tackling difficult tasks and felt there was no assignment too hard to accomplish but they thought differently.  They worked hard, but I worked harder. “Who needs them?” I thought to myself.

When budget time rolled around, my stretch goals were not funded because I had not included my peers. I guess I did need them.

  • There are times when I label people wrong because I am looking at me.
  • There are times I lack appreciation because my lofty goals get in the way of their actions.
  • There are times that I have forgotten to say thank you because I am too focused on achieving the next thing.

There is nothing like hearing “Well done” when a person puts effort into an assignment. GOD wants me to take time to applaud efforts and recognize what people are doing.

  • GOD wants me to acknowledge when others work hard even when they don’t work for me.
  • GOD wants me to recognize the efforts of others instead of seeking accolades for my accomplishments.
  • GOD wants me to praise others for the sole purpose of encouraging them and building them up.

“You are doing a wonderful job” is what I can say to really light the fire up under someone. My praise brings peace.

  • Are you battling with people at work?
  • Are you in the middle of some faction?
  • Will you seek out a subordinate, peer or supervisor and let them know they are doing a great job?
  • Can you praise someone today and point them to GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment