Friday, October 5, 2012

I can be bold!

2 Timothy 1:For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

============

Seems like whenever I want to do something wrong, I hide my relationship with GOD. When the fellas were standing around with their chatter, the last thing I wanted them to know was I follow GOD.

I mean it seems like as soon as I mention GOD, JESUS or the HOLY SPIRIT the whole room would turn dull grey and the mourning march song would start playing. “Maybe I should just join in” is the thought that popped in my mind.

  • Whenever I want to cut GOD out of my life I’m on the wrong path.
  • Whenever I feel GOD is being unfair or too harsh I’m on the wrong path.
  • Whenever I think the crowd’s ways are better than GOD’s ways I’m on the wrong path.
  • Whenever I feel it necessary to hide my relationship with GOD I’m on the wrong path.

GOD wants me to be bold about my relationship with HIM.  HE doesn’t want sin to get in the way of the example HE is trying to show through me.  This means I have to part company with some of the people who want me to remain unfocused.

  • GOD’s SPIRIT makes me bold.
  • GOD’s SPIRIT makes me brave.
  • GOD’s SPIRIT makes me believe.

Now instead of lust for things I can show love to people. HIS SPIRIT shows me the way to self-discipline and couples me with HIS unmatched power so I need not hide. I can tell people about my relationship regardless of human consequences. I may not be part of “that” group anymore but remaining in the LORD brings me eternal rewards and favor.

  • Are you hiding your relationship with GOD to do what you want to do?
  • Do you find yourself mentioning GOD less and less?
  • Can you take a deep breath and be bold about your relationship with GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment