Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A better place to live

Hebrews 11: 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

============

Graduation was finally here. I couldn’t wait to go to college for it had to be better than home, I thought.  Years later graduation came around again. I couldn’t wait to get away from college for working in a small town had to be better than college.

Years later I was being courted for a new job back in the city where I grew up. I couldn’t wait to move back because it had to be better than living in a small town.  Wait! Why aren’t these things getting better?

  • Sometimes I get disenchanted with where I am.
  • Sometimes I look around and see mostly bad and fail to see what is good.
  • Sometimes I believe my situation is dismal and I need to move onto something new here on Earth.

It seems like “Utopia” has to be around here someplace. I mean can’t I find a perfect life where everything is easy, there is no fighting and I get my way while everyone else is getting their way? Not here on this planet!

  • GOD wants me to remain focused on HIS kingdom.
  • GOD wants me to know this life is extremely temporary.
  • GOD wants me to hold on and persevere through difficult times knowing HE has a better place for me.

Admittedly I want the better place now, here on Earth.  I want treasures now and treasures later.  I guess it’s the greed in me. GOD says keep my eye on the prize and remain focused on telling the world about HIS SON. Countries will come and go but GOD’s kingdom remains forever! GOD is not ashamed of me and has prepared a city for me.

  • Are you trying to make this world your permanent home?
  • Are you frustrated with the way other people are acting?
  • Can you focus your attention on helping others remain in GOD?
  • Will you stop trying to eradicate sin, which only GOD can do, and focus your attention on loving people?

No comments:

Post a Comment