Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Never lose heart

Hebrews 12: Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

============

With bills piling higher and higher, I just sat on my couch wondering how I was going to pay them. I mean with tuition, a raggedy car and a janitor job, things looked a little bleak. I felt lost then the dean sent me a letter stating I wasn’t doing so well in school. Can anything else go wrong?

  • When it looks difficult I feel like giving up.
  • When it looks bleak I feel like throwing in the towel.
  • When it looks like I should stop fighting I feel like just sit there and take my blows.

I’m glad I didn’t just sit there and do nothing because GOD wanted me to persevere in the race. By focusing on HIM I see that even I can endure the little opposition I face because HE endured shame, humiliation and false charges from those who called themselves religious leaders.

  • GOD wants me to fix my eyes on JESUS who perfected faith.
  • GOD wants me to fix my eyes on JESUS who sent the HOLY SPIRIT to guide me away from hindrances.
  • GOD wants me to fix my eyes on JESUS who provides a way out of the sin that so easily entangles me.

When I look back I realize I faced a multitude of opposition that could have easily made me throw up my hands and give up. BUT GOD says focus on JESUS and I will always be fine.

  • What opposition are you facing that GOD can’t handle?
  • What situation are you enduring that GOD is not in control of?
  • What circumstance can you take your eyes off of to focus on JESUS who is the perfecter?

No comments:

Post a Comment