Friday, November 9, 2012

Wanna fight?

Hebrews 12: 14 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

============

Walking back to my dorm room I had a lot on my mind. As I was sorting things out someone opened their door and screamed out foul names directed at me. I immediately stopped thinking about class and thought about finding the biggest guy I knew.

We banged on the door until it almost broke. We threatened and intimidated them quite nicely I must say. I wonder if I could preach the message of CHRIST to them right after that incident.

  • Living with the spirit of “fight” weakens my message of GOD’s love.
  • Living with the spirit of “argue” closes off the ears of my opponent when I speak of GOD’s love.
  • Living with the spirit of “anger” blinds those who are looking at me as an example of GOD’s love.
  • Living with the spirit of “resentment” leaves others cold toward my message of GOD’s love.

Too many times sin has gotten in the way of GOD’s love and I choose to not be a good example. I’ll choose war over peace to teach “that” person a lesson. BUT GOD has another way.

  • JESUS chose to die peacefully so that I may live.
  • JESUS gave me a new commandment that I love others as I love myself.
  • JESUS showed me the example of peaceful living so I have no excuse for not following HIS ways.

I have to admit peaceful living is difficult. When I see someone acting foolish then I feel it’s my duty to bring it to their attention! GOD says “I love them as much as I love you.” HE wants me to love those who are difficult to love so even they may accept GOD’s message of love.

  • Are you at odds with someone?
  • Are you ready to fight “those” people?
  • Can you put your differences aside and live in peace specifically to show GOD’s love?

No comments:

Post a Comment