Monday, November 5, 2012

Do I have what it takes?

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
 -------
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
  
============

“I’m going to do it” I thought to myself. I grabbed the handlebars, took a deep breath and put one foot on the pedal. My father had the seat firmly in hand so I felt I could go as fast as I wanted to. I was riding a two wheeler! In my excitement I did not notice he had stopped running and I was riding all by myself.

When I did notice I fell off my bike. I think a mushroom cloud plumed over the area because I skinned my knee. “I don’t know if I’m going to try THAT again”, I thought to myself.

  • When I doubt I can’t move forward.
  • When I fear I can’t take a risk.
  • When I worry I can’t hear sound counsel.

Many times I have been frozen with fear when it came to crossing over into greatness. I mean it seems like it was right there in my grasp and I did not seize the moment because some doubtful thought would pop into my head. Then after the moment had passed I could kick myself for not acting the way I was supposed to.

  • GOD wants me to have faith in the things I hope for.
  • GOD wants me to have faith in the things I do not yet see.
  • GOD wants me to have faith that pleases HIM through belief in HIS SON.

Faith isn’t confidence in me rather its confidence in the almighty GOD. My plans can fail BUT GOD’s plans will never fail. I can place my confidence and assurance in GOD because HIS plans are everlasting. HE doesn’t want self-confidence rather HE desires total dependence on HIM. I should earnestly seek HIM, desiring that dependence.

  • Are you worrying about something?
  • Do you have fear or doubt running your decisions?
  • Can you let go of what you are worrying about and let GOD handle the situation?
  • Won’t you put your confidence in GOD abd believe HE knows what HE is doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment