Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wait a minute or maybe a few years

James 5:Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

============

“Dark, dinky, dank road” I thought to myself. As the highway curved and curved it seemed like the cars in front of us were not only getting slower, they seemed to be going backwards! It was early so it was still somewhat dark and I could probably see the glow of headlights coming at me.

I know what I’ll do, I will take a chance and pass all these cars in the no passing zone! As I moved into the oncoming traffic lane I revved the engine and we took off! I can make it, I thought… then a car was headed in our direction but I hadn’t finish passing all the cars. Fortunately for us, the drivers let me back in and we avoided a collision! My coworker said “don’t do that again!”

  • When I am impatient I actually make mistakes.
  • When I am impatient I sometimes make rash decisions.
  • When I am impatient I don’t wait on the result of what others can do or become.

Sometimes I just want GOD to be done with the lessons HE has for me.  I mean can’t HE just zap wisdom, knowledge and understanding in me and be done with it already? Can’t I skip the trial? Can’t I just leap into a life of luxury without having to endure life’s pressures?

  • My view on life should include the understanding that my situation is temporary.
  • My view on life should include the knowledge that life will be a little uncomfortable but GOD’s “valuable crop” is worth the wait.
  • My view on life should include the wisdom to recognize when I’m judging others harshly versus looking at my life and its crop.

GOD is extremely patient with me. HE watches me sin every day and doesn’t just zap me to hell rather HE shows mercy and grace. HE expects me to show the same patience to others.

  • Is there someone who is annoying in your life?
  • Do you find yourself irritated at what “that” person says or does?
  • Can you show a little patience today?
  • Won’t you slow down or even stop to wait on the LORD and watch HIS deliverance?

No comments:

Post a Comment