Thursday, January 16, 2014

Check to see if GOD is with you


Judges 16: 18 When Delilah saw that he had told her everything, she sent word to the rulers of the Philistines, “Come back once more; he has told me everything.” So the rulers of the Philistines returned with the silver in their hands. 19 After putting him to sleep on her lap, she called for someone to shave off the seven braids of his hair, and so began to subdue him. And his strength left him.

20 Then she called, “Samson, the Philistines are upon you!”

He awoke from his sleep and thought, “I’ll go out as before and shake myself free.” But he did not know that the Lord had left him.

============

Teaching Sunday school would be easy to me because I was used to training people at work.  “This should be a breeze” I thought to myself.  I prepared fervently making sure the teens were entertained.  I had my quips ready and I delivered the message.  “How was that?” I asked a student afterward.

She replied “I enjoyed the message, but I didn’t understand what you were saying.”

  • There are times when I serve people without having GOD in my service.
  • There are times when I think I’m doing GOD’s work when I’m really doing it for myself.
  • There are times when I want the pat on the back for serving.


It takes faith to serve GOD and when I try things under my own power they fail miserably. If GOD wants me to stretch for something and HIS power is not with me, then the plan I am trying to achieve will fail miserably.

  • When I plan something, GOD has to be included.
  • When I try something new, GOD must be asked.
  • When I have a new endeavor, GOD must be bowed to for HIS supreme answer.


I have heard in business “failure is not an option” but it is when I don’t ask GOD for permission. Even when I do ask permission I must accept that HE may answer “No.” GOD’s power is never to be taken lightly and HE supplies me with it as I humbly seek HIM.

  • Are your efforts falling apart?
  • Do you feel exhausted and full of failure?
  • Can you take a moment to recognize where GOD fits in the plan?
  • Won’t you reduce your effort and increase HIS?


No comments:

Post a Comment