Monday, March 3, 2014

I’m Jealous

1 Samuel 18:When the men were returning home after David had killed the Philistine, the women came out from all the towns of Israel to meet King Saul with singing and dancing, with joyful songs and with timbrels and lyres. As they danced, they sang:

“Saul has slain his thousands,
    and David his tens of thousands.”

Saul was very angry; this refrain displeased him greatly. “They have credited David with tens of thousands,” he thought, “but me with only thousands. What more can he get but the kingdom?” And from that time on Saul kept a close eye on David.

============

Sitting at my desk I excitedly filled out the forms to get my new company car.  I turned them in with great anticipation of the new car smell and an updated model. Days later the HR person called me in her office and said I had to get a car that someone else had driven for a while.  “Why do I have to drive a hand-me-down?” I thought to myself.

  • When I get jealous I am blind.
  • When I envy something I can’t see.
  • When I covet something I am sightless.


Jealousy is the beginning of demise.  When I see someone else get ahead and I sit struggling, I get jealous and cannot see what GOD is doing in my life. I find myself looking over the fence at my neighbors’ yard rather than paying attention to my own. Once jealousy flares up then my compassion goes down.

  • GOD wants me to celebrate when HE blesses others.
  • GOD wants me to recognize HE is blessing me.
  • GOD wants me to know HE loves me during trials and in times of peace.


Discouragement is definitely a tool of the enemy to try to break my spirit. It makes me question where GOD is and enrages me with the blindness of jealousy. GOD wants me to spit out my bitterness and focus on HIS everlasting love.

  • Are you bitter?
  • Do you think “that” person is the problem?
  • Can you focus on what GOD is doing in your life and not anyone else’s?
  • Won’t you praise GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment