Thursday, May 22, 2014

Because HE is GOD


1 Kings 20: 28 The man of God came up and told the king of Israel, “This is what the Lord says: ‘Because the Arameans think the Lord is a god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, I will deliver this vast army into your hands, and you will know that I am the Lord.’”

============

Looking back on my immaturity, I realize I have sinned quite a bit. Sometimes I even thought I could cover my sinful actions by doing goody good stuff and being nice and following the rules. This type of thinking still puts “me” in control and when I still don’t get my way, I pout and wonder where GOD is.

  • GOD does great things in my life, not because of me but in spite of me.
  • GOD does wonderful things in my life simply because HE is GOD.
  • GOD does merciful, graceful things in my life in the middle of my sin.


I must realize that GOD wants to be known as GOD rather than “giant wish granter.” HIS ways are not my ways and HE accounts for my sin as well as my sincere attempts to serve HIM. HE puts a loving plan together for me which includes my rescue.

GOD did all of this because HE is GOD. I should always remember this when I desire to serve HIM.

  • Are you trying to get GOD to do something for you?
  • Do you think you will get your way if you just act nice?
  • Can you stop trying to manipulate GOD and praise HIM for being GOD?
  • Will you stand still and watch the glory of the LORD deliver you this day?


No comments:

Post a Comment