Wednesday, June 11, 2014

“Whose” am I?

2 Kings 11: 17 Jehoiada then made a covenant between the Lord and the king and people that they would be the Lord’s people. He also made a covenant between the king and the people. 

============

As the conversation was headed in the direction of discussing body parts again something was different this time. I don’t know if it was the mix of people or if it was the fact that I was growing up but I felt like I should not be in that place.  I excused myself and didn’t join in this time.

  • When I am with the crowd I forget who created me.
  • When I want my way I forget I was created with a purpose.
  • When I see everyone else doing stuff I want to join in, even if the “stuff” is wrong.


There comes a time where the “stuff” gets old. I mean the party does end and a new day has to be faced. GOD opened my eyes and showed me the mundane nature of my pitiful existence. HE wanted something different.

  • GOD wants me to recognize the HE created me and I should not complain about who I am, where I came from or where I am now.
  • GOD wants me to know that I am HIS and so is “this” day that HE created.
  • GOD wants me to know that the more I can focus my attention on HIS kingdom the less the world has a grip on me.


Living a life of purpose means knowing “who” I belong to, namely GOD. The more I understand GOD’s ownership, the less I fear and the less I get upset about something not going my way. GOD owns everything, even the machine that breaks down or the body that just won’t seem to heal fast enough.

I am GODs’ creation. I am beautifully and wonderfully made. My purpose is to serve HIM.

  • Do you think you are alone?
  • Do you believe you are self-made?
  • Can you realize you and your circumstance are in GOD’s hand?
  • Will you give GOD your life so HE can take it to new heights? 

No comments:

Post a Comment