Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Am I Mourning Over the Right Things?

Ezra 10:Then Ezra withdrew from before the house of God and went to the room of Jehohanan son of Eliashib. While he was there, he ate no food and drank no water, because he continued to mourn over the unfaithfulness of the exiles.

============

Pouting over my defeat, I sat at my desk moping. I was asked to be the head of one company’s multi-million dollar technology group and when asked “could you let 30% of your workforce go?” my answer was “no.” I wrestled with that. Was I being a wimp?

  • The world calls what I stand up for “crazy.”
  • The world says what I follow is absolutely “nuts.”
  • The world declares what I believe is “insane.”


“You should have had the courage to go for the money” is what I would hear other people say as they spoke of their acts of “being tough” in this setting. I mourned for a while but looking back I pray for those who fell prey to the economics of politics rather standing firm in the pasture of prayer.

  • GOD wants me to mourn over the direction the world is heading, not just the country.
  • GOD wants me to mourn over where my neighborhood is heading, not just my city.
  • GOD wants me to mourn over the state of my block, not just my part of town.


Get out and do something about it is what I hear. I have to mourn over my sins and the world around me. With absolutely no power to remove win, I need to mourn and point to the being who can do something about it, namely JESUS.

Only GOD can sustain me so mourning over the loss of my wallet, car or job should be minimized. I am not belittling the situation; BUT GOD has a way of saying, focus on ME, have compassion on those around you and you will be blessed. Stop caring about politics and start caring about people.

  • What are you mourning over?
  • What worries you?
  • Can you open your eyes to your neighbors and mourn over them until you see them understand who CHRIST is?
  • Will you add compassion for the people around you so they can come to know the living GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment