Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Choose Maturity over the Cover-up


Job 34: 21 “His eyes are on the ways of mortals;
    he sees their every step.
22 There is no deep shadow, no utter darkness,
    where evildoers can hide.

============

Immediately, I said to myself, “What will I tell my parents?” when I had the accident. I cursed the deceptive cap color as the olive green spray paint didn’t quite match the evergreen exterior. I was making matters worse thinking, “Maybe they won’t notice.” This deception led to others. Soon I was lying for no reason.

It was easy to stretch the truth about accomplishments in the business world, but this time I didn’t feel like it. I sat in the interview and told the truth for a change. Not believing what I was saying I belched out the truth and said “I had a less than stellar college performance, my first job was a steep learning curve for me and I am unprepared for this position, but I know what I know.” I didn’t get the job, but I could feel shackles fall. My lying days were over.

  • My immaturity makes me cover things up instead of exposing what is right.
  • My immaturity keeps me from telling the truth and standing for what is right.
  • My immaturity says to me “lie, cheat and steal” instead of focusing on what is right.


I made a decision not to lie to myself or others. The cover-up had to stop. Soon I found myself getting elevated to the highest levels in one company. I was able to tell people the truth, even when it didn’t feel comfortable for me.

  • GOD wants me to be truthful with myself and others.
  • GOD knows when I am hiding something from people because I cannot hide anything from HIM.
  • GOD has searched the depths of my heart and know when I am growing instead of hiding.


Growth comes with admittance. When I admit I cannot do something or be something or that I am just plain old sinning, GOD can kneed my heart into HIS wonderful shape. Hiding hardens my heart, closes my ear and blinds me. Telling the truth opens doorways that I never would have imagined.

  • Are you lying to yourself?
  • Can you look around you to see if you have GODLY fruit or are you killing weeds you have sown around you?
  • Will you stop lying to yourself and to others by exposing the cover-up?
  • Can you be honest to GOD and confess to HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment