Monday, February 23, 2015

Endure with Delight

Psalm 1:Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.

============

“Trust in the LORD and lean not unto your own understanding” is what my mother would say to me. “Yeah, yeah” I thought to myself. I did not ponder these words until I had to experience them myself. Soon real trouble came and I was on my own with no one to turn to. “What was she trying to tell me?”

  • Words in the Bible were more “poetic” to me than experience.
  • Words in the Bible were more “mysterious” to me than fact.
  • Words in the Bible were more “interpretive” to me than a means to grow.


Now that the waters of trouble have pounded against me for years, I can say “I understand.” Each day is faced with new challenges and I need something to hold onto. What should I delight in?

  • GOD gave me a path that I can choose to be on each day.
  • GOD gave me relationships that I can show HIS love.
  • GOD gave me HIS Word that if I believe and trust in HIM I will have everlasting life.


Trouble comes in waves pounding against my soul, BUT GOD gave me a way to endure. If I pay attention to what HE says through my Bible, my church and my relationships, I can hear HIM clearly. I can delight and meditate on HIS deliverance in spite of what’s going on around me. This plants my soul deep in trust and absorbs the nutrients of faith, love and hope that is provided by GOD’s river.

  • Is your mind troubled?
  • Do you have situations that seem utterly impossible?
  • Can you meditate on GOD’s ways?
  • Will you look at HIS word and read peace into your soul today?


No comments:

Post a Comment