Friday, May 29, 2015

Throw away Discontentment


Psalm 67;May the peoples praise you, God;
    may all the peoples praise you.
May the nations be glad and sing for joy,
    for you rule the peoples with equity
    and guide the nations of the earth.
May the peoples praise you, God;
    may all the peoples praise you.

============

Eight o’clock at night was the final phone call from the bill collector. My car was a junker and I barely made enough for rent. I hated going to the job because I could never get out of working to live and living to work. I went to bed grumpy and woke up the same way. How am I supposed to make it?

  • When I am frustrated I do not have words of praise.
  • When I am angry I do not have words of praise.
  • When I am frightened I do not have words of praise.


Mt prayer life had been reduced to nil. I shrunk back away from the gawkers who ask “how are you doing”, knowing they really didn’t want to know. I really felt as if no one cared. BUT GOD said something different.

  • GOD said to me “I AM here with you right now.”
  • GOD said to me “The reason I say do not fear is because I have you protected.”
  • GOD said to me “I see you and I know you and MY plan for you is great.”


I slowly began to pray again. Not daily, but here and there. My grumpy cloudy thinking cleared up to sunny skies. I was in the same situation but realized I was the one who wanted something different to happen and had not realized that GOD was blessing me. I soon realized that the quicker I can accept a situation, the faster my contentment can come.  I don’t mean I have to remain stagnant, but I can accept obstacles and keep moving.

I focused on my studies and graduated a year and a half later. GOD taught me an important lesson, start being content in the middle of the storm rather than waiting on the storm to end. This means thanking HIM and praising HIM and recognizing HIM even when things don’t seem to be going my way. HE IS there for me always!

  • Are you lacking contentment?
  • Do you yearn to be in another place in your life?
  • Can you start being content in the middle of problems?
  • Will you recognize the calling GOD has you in to see HE is opening your eyes to people you can now relate to?


No comments:

Post a Comment