Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Fighting the Struggle

Hosea 12: In the womb he grasped his brother’s heel;
    as a man he struggled with God.
He struggled with the angel and overcame him;
    he wept and begged for his favor.
He found him at Bethel
    and talked with him there—
the Lord God Almighty,
    the Lord is his name!
But you must return to your God;
    maintain love and justice,
    and wait for your God always.

============

“Why do I have to know who signed some document hundreds of years ago?” was my question as I struggled with the subject. I gave up on History. “Why do I have to pull myself up only to drop and do it again?” was my question as I struggled to do pullups in gym. I gave up on being strong. “Why do I have to read the Bible and go to church?” was my question as I struggled to balance time. I stepped away from GOD.

  • In the past when something was a struggle I would give up.
  • In the past when something was difficult I would cave in.
  • In the past when something was hard to overcome I would let it get the best of me and quit.


It seemed like even following GOD was too difficult. I mean I tried to be perfect and found I could not, so I walked away. BUT GOD wanted me to see HIM differently.

  • GOD wanted me to return to HIM so HE could open my eyes.
  • GOD wanted me to maintain love and justice so HE could use the talents HE placed in me.
  • GOD wanted me to wait on HIM so I could see the marvelous work HE had in store for me.


When I returned to GOD I found I had more time for HIM than I thought. In fact, the older I get, the more I realize I need HIM daily. I went back to attempting doing a pullup. I could only do one at first then two then many. I started to read the history of GOD’s people gaining understanding of where humans made mistakes. GOD was patient enough to take my struggles and turn them into victories!

  • What are you struggling with?
  • Do you find yourself on your own?
  • Can you stop fighting GOD and turn your face to HIM?
  • Will you allow HIM to help you with your battle today by focusing on HIM rather than the struggle?


No comments:

Post a Comment